Sausages are the firm favourite of almost every home cook and this sausage, fennel and apple tray bake is a mouthwatering dish that can help make them shine!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 55 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 8 baby white potatoes
• 1/3 cup (80ml) plum sauce
• 2 red apples, thickly sliced crossways
• 2 small fennel, quartered, fronds reserved
• 500g Pork Sausages or any other flavour of sausages you like with cider and apple
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the potatoes on a plate lined with paper towel. Prick all over with a fork.
- Sprinkle with a little water and cover with another piece of paper towel. Cook the potatoes in microwave on high for 5 mins or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, spray a large flameproof roasting pan with olive oil spray. Place over medium-high heat. Add sausages and cook, turning, for 5 mins or until browned all over. Remove from heat. Transfer the sausages to a plate.
- Add the potatoes to the pan. Use a potato masher to gently crush. Add the fennel. Spray with oil. Bake for 20 mins or until golden.
- Add the apples to the pan with the sausages. Bake, turning apple halfway through cooking, for 20 mins. Drizzle with the plum sauce. Bake for a further 5-7 mins or until the sausages are cooked through and the apple and vegetables are golden. Sprinkle with the reserved fennel fronds.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/sausage-fennel-apple-tray-bake-recipe/cyu0g5j8