A delicious medley of juicy sausages, cherry tomatoes, smoked paprika, green pepper and kidney beans. Mop-up all those lovely juices with crusty bread.
• Prep and cook time: 45 minutes
• Yield: Serves 3-4
• olive oil
• 150ml red wine
• 6 pork sausages
• 2 tsps cumin seeds
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 100ml chicken stock
• 1 green pepper, diced
• 2 tsps mild chilli powder
• 400g tin cherry tomatoes
• 4 spring onions, chopped
• a handful coriander, chopped
• crusty bread to serve (Optional)
• 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
• 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (Optional)
• 400g tin kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Put the sausages, red onions and pepper in a small non-stick roasting tin, roughly 20cm x 30cm. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and the cumin seeds and toss together.
- Cook for 25 minutes or until the sausages are starting to brown and the veg has softened. Take out the sausages, stir in the wine, tomatoes, stock, chilli, paprika, oregano and beans, and season. Sit the sausages back in the tray then cook for another 20 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the sausages are browned and cooked through. Scatter over the spring onions and coriander and serve with crusty bread, if you like.
This great family recipe is thanks to Olive Magazine at https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/family/sausage-chilli-tray-bake/