This simple recipe is a great dish to get everyone together and keep warm through the winter months. The beautiful cranberries and citrus fruits hold their colours through the cooking process giving this dish a wonderful pop of colour and makes the perfect eye-catching centerpiece for a group dining experience.
The sweetness of the berries paired with the tart citrus flavour balance perfectly and compliment the salmon to give a succulent flavorful experience for your guests.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4 - 6
• 5 tbsps honey
• 5 tbsps olive oil
• salt and pepper
• 1 cup mixed berries
• 1/2 orange - thinly sliced
• 1 1/2 tbsp mustard seeds
• 1 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
• 1 small lime - juice and zest
• 1 whole fillet salmon - skin on
• 1 large Naval orange - juice and zest
- Preheat over to 160 °C.
- In a medium bowl, combine honey, olive oil, mustard seeds, juice and zest of orange and lime, capers, mixed berries and cranberries, whisk to combine.
- Place salmon fillet in a large baking dish or tray, skin side down. Scatter orange/lime slices across the salmon. Pour the sauce + berry mixture across the top of the salmon. Sprinkle generously with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through (note: cooking time varies depending on size of the fillet). Garnish with thyme, salt and pepper if required before dishing up.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/salmon-citrus-berry-bake/