Salmon Burgers with Sweet Pickle Relish
This recipe from Tasting Table is amazing. The flavors of tangy caper- and dill-laced salmon burgers, topped with a sweet pickle relish, iceberg lettuce, all piled on a sweet roll.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
For the Sweet Pickle Relish
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons minced bread-and-butter pickles
- 2 tablespoons bread-and-butter pickle juice
- 2 tablespoons minced dill
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the Salmon Burgers:
- 1½ pounds skinless center-cut salmon fillet, finely chopped
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs, divided
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced dill
- 1 tablespoon minced capers
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup vegetable oil, divided
- 6 King's Hawaiian rolls, split and toasted
- Shredded iceberg lettuce, for garnish
- Make the sweet pickle relish: In a small bowl, whisk together all the sauce ingredients, then set aside.
- Make the salmon burgers: In a food processor, pulse the salmon until finely minced, then transfer to a large bowl. Add 1 cup of the panko, the mayonnaise, parsley, dill, capers, salt, Worcestershire, lemon zest, pepper and garlic. Using your hands, mix until incorporated, then form into six 4-ounce patties. Coat the patties in the remaining 1 cup of panko bread crumbs.
- In 2 large nonstick skillets, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add 3 burgers to each pan and cook, flipping once, until golden brown and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Spread the relish on the bottom halves of the buns then place a fish burger on each. Top with more relish, shredded iceberg lettuce and the remaining bun halves, then serve.
Big thanks to Tasting Table for sharing this recipe on their website https://www.tastingtable.com/cook/recipes/salmon-fish-burger-sweet-pickle-relish-seafood-recipe