A garlic and herb crusted beef tenderloin with an easy, tried and true roasting method. No marinating required and for melt-in-your-mouth tender and flavorful beef.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1 1/2 tsp salt
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
• 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
• 2 lb beef tenderloin trimmed and tied
• 1 tbsp prepared Horseradish strained
• 2 tbsps unsalted butter room temperature
- Remove tenderloin from refrigerator 1 hour before roasting. Trim and tie beef tenderloin. Preheat Oven to 500˚F with a rack in center.
- Coarsely chop 2 garlic cloves then strip 1/2 Tbsp of fresh thyme leaves and 1 Tbsp of fresh rosemary. Finely mince together the garlic and herbs. Transfer them to a small mixing bowl. Add 2 Tbsp butter, 1 Tbsp horseradish, 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp black pepper. Use a fork and mash to combine.
- Pat tenderloin dry with paper towel and spread the garlic herb rub evenly all over the tenderloin and transfer to a roasting pan or oven safe skillet. Insert an oven-safe meat thermometer into the thickest portion of your tenderloin and roast in a preheated oven at 500˚F for 28-30 min for medium doneness (140-145˚F).
- Remove from oven and transfer to cutting board, tent loosely with foil and rest 10 minutes. Slice into 1/2” thick slices, and serve right away.
Beef Tenderloin Temperature Chart:
• 22-23 min for rare (120-125˚F),
• 24-26 min medium-rare (130-135˚F)
• 28-30 min for medium doneness (138-140˚F)
• 30-32 min for medium-well doneness (140-145˚F)
• 33-35 min for well done (150˚F)
* Timings can vary depending on your oven and the thickness of your tenderloin, so always check for desired doneness using an oven-safe meat thermometer.
This great family recipe is thanks to Natasha's Kitchen Recipes at https://natashaskitchen.com/roasted-beef-tenderloin/