Roast Lamb Loin Chops
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• salt and pepper
• 8 lamb loin chops
• 2 sprigs rosemary
• 1 large onion, cut into 1/8th
For the sugar snap peas:
• a knob of butter
• 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
For the gravy:
• 300ml water
• 1 beef stock cubes
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 - 1 tsp cornstarch, mixed with a few tbsp of water
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Wash the lamb loin chops and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Place in a tray with rosemary and onion tucked underneath and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.Roast for 15-18 minutes. Allow the meat to rest for 3 minutes before serving. If you prefer the lamb (fats) to be more crispy, you can serve the lamb with the fats side cut off and then grill the fats (high) for about 5 minutes (watch it closely though) - please use a new sheet of foil. I prefer not to use a griddle pan for this as there can be quite a lot of oil splatter.
- In a pot of salted boiling water, blanch the sugar snap peas for around 1 minutes. Drain and then add a knob of butter to the pan. Toss and season with some salt.
- For the gravy, bring the water to a boil, then lower to medium heat and add the beef stock cubes. Once dissolved, stir in the cornstarch to thicken. Season with salt and pepper as necessary.
This great family recipe is thanks to Goody Foodies at https://goodyfoodies.blogspot.com/2014/04/recipe-roast-lamb-loin-chops-with.html