It’s so easy to make this Roasted Beef Tenderloin recipe with the most delicious garlic & herb crust. This no-fuss recipe makes juicy beef tenderloin that melts in your mouth!
• Prep time: 1 hour
• Cook time: 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8-10
• 2 tsps salt
• kitchen twine
• 1/2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 6 cloves garlic, minced
• 1-1/2 tsps fresh ground pepper
• 1-2 tbsps fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
• 1 (4 pound) trimmed center-cut beef tenderloin
- Let tenderloin sit at room temperature for 1 hour before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- Pat dry the tenderloin with paper towels.
- Rub tenderloin with olive oil and generously season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- In a small bowl mix together minced garlic and chopped rosemary; rub all around the tenderloin.
- Place tenderloin over pieces of precut kitchen twine spaced one-inch apart and tie them closed. You can also ask the butcher to tie the tenderloin for you.
- Heat vegetable oil in a 12-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot, add tenderloin and sear for about 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until browned all around.
- Transfer skillet to the oven and continue to cook for 25 to 30 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 130˚F. Cooking time can vary depending on your oven and the thickness of your tenderloin; always check for desired doneness using a meat thermometer.
- Remove skillet from oven and transfer meat to a cutting board.
- Tent a piece of foil over the tenderloin and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting.
- Cut into 1/2-inch slices and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Diethood at https://diethood.com/roasted-beef-tenderloin-recipe/