This herb-adorned rack of lamb is seared then roasted at high heat for a crispy brown crust.
• Prep and cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 10 cloves garlic, smashed
• 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
• 1 (1 3/4 lb.) frenched rack of lamb
• 2 tbsps roughly fresh thyme, plus 4 sprigs
• kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 450˚. Season lamb with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a 12″ cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add lamb fat side down and cook, using tongs to flip and sear the bottom and sides of the rack, until browned, about 10 minutes. Turn lamb fat side up in the skillet and scatter herbs over the top.
- Add garlic to skillet and transfer to oven. Roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted into center of the meat reads 130˚ for medium rare, about 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing into chops and serving.
This great family recipe is thanks to SAVEUR at https://www.saveur.com/rack-of-lamb-with-rosemary-and-thyme-recipe/?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly