This light prawn cocktail salad is a fresh way to serve pasta in summer.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps pure thin cream
• Tabasco sauce, to taste
• 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tsp tomato sauce (ketchup)
• 1 gem lettuce, cut into wedges
• 1/4 cup (75g) whole egg mayonnaise
• 400g dried liguini or other long pasta
• finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
• 2 tbsps finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 12 cooked prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions or until al dente, drain and refresh. Toss drained pasta with oil and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, lemon zest and juice, cream, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco together, then season. Toss two-thirds of the sauce with the cooled pasta and parsley.
- To serve, divide the dressed pasta among serving bowls. Arrange a lettuce wedge on the side of each bowl and top pasta with peeled prawns and chopped avocado. Drizzle over the remaining sauce, season with freshly ground black pepper and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/prawn-cocktail-pasta-salad/417a407e-b06d-4a37-9880-5f9047ae740e?current_section=recipes&r=recipes/group/sx8icie0