• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/4 cup parsley leaves
• 2 zucchini, thickly sliced
• 1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 1 tbsp Moroccan seasoning
• 4 small roma tomatoes, halved
• 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
• 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
• 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled, bruised
• 1 red capsicum, cut into 3cm pieces
• baby rocket, lemon wedges, to serve
• 1/4 cup pistachios, toasted, roughly chopped
• 8 x beef sausages or any types of sausages you like
- Heat grill to high. Place sausages in a large roasting pan and grill for 8-10 minutes, turning regularly, until browned. Remove pan from oven, add vegetables and garlic, spray lightly with oil and sprinkle with Moroccan seasoning. Season and toss to coat.
- Reheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Cook in oven for 25-30 minutes or until sausages and vegetables are nearly tender. Remove from oven and stir through lentils and vinegar. Cook for a further for 5 minutes. Squeeze garlic cloves from skins and stir into pan. Season.
- Sprinkle bake with parsley and pistachios. Serve with baby rocket and lemon wedges.
• Use canned chickpeas or beans instead of lentils.
• Serve with cous cous or quinoa, if desired.
• Beef chipolatas (small sausages) would also work well – use 20 chipolatas
This great family recipe is thanks to Australian Beef at https://www.australianbeef.com.au/recipes/middle-eastern-sausage-bake/