Prawn Massaman Curry
Massaman curry comes from southern Thailand and is not as fiery as green or red Thai curries. We love the fragrant flavours and the texture that the peanuts add.
• Prep time: 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 1 stick cinnamon
• 1 tbsp fish sauce
• 1 tsp brown sugar
• 200g raw king prawns
• 1 x 400g tin coconut milk
• 2 limes, 1 quartered to serve
• 2 pods cardamom, squashed
• 1-2 tbsps massaman curry paste
• red chilli and basil shredded to serve
• 1 tbsp peanuts, toasted and chopped (Optional)
• 150g small new potatoes, halved or quartered if large
- Cook the massaman paste in the thick bit of the coconut milk for a few minutes until it becomes fragrant. Add the rest of the coconut milk and simmer for a minute. Add the potatoes, cinnamon, cardamom and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the prawns, sugar, lime juice and fish sauce, and cook for 3-4 minutes until the prawns are just cooked and pink.
- Serve the curry sprinkled with lime wedges, peanuts (if using), chilli and basil.
This great family recipe is thanks to Olive at https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/fish-and-seafood/prawn-massaman-curry/