Prawn Cocktail Salad
Try this tasty twist on the classic!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp brandy
• 2 tsps Tabasco
• 100g mayonnaise
• 2 tbsps tomato sauce
• 4 radishes, thinly sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 eschalot, finely chopped
• 150g red vein sorrel (or rocket)
• 1 avocado, peeled, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
• finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
• 1 Lebanese cucumber, cut into wedges
• 24 green king prawns, peeled, tails intact
• 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves chopped
- To make the dressing, combine mayonnaise, Tabasco, brandy, tomato sauce and eschalot. Season and chill until ready to use.
- Combine the garlic, lemon zest and juice, parsley and olive oil in a large bowl. Season. Add the prawns and toss until well coated.
- Preheat chargrill over high heat. Cook the prawns for 2 minutes each side, or until charred and slightly opaque in the centre.
- Arrange the sorrel, cooked prawns, cucumber, avocado and radish onto plates.
- Serve with prawn cocktail dressing.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/prawn-cocktail-salad-del-sunday/VGp58Xqp