Create a breakfast like no other! Grab the waffle maker and put together this decadent morning treat.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 x 100g Huon Cold Smoked Salmon
• 900g Peeled and grated potatoes
• 1 Onion- finely grated
• 1 Garlic Clove
• 2 tbsp Parsely - Chopped
• 4 Eggs (for the waffle batter)
• 4 Eggs - beaten (For the silky eggs)
• 1 tbsp Crème fraiche
• 1 tbsp Chives - Chopped
• 1 tbsp Butter
• 1 Handful fresh kale - washed and chopped
• 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 1/2 Lemon
• 2 tbsp Salmon Caviar
- To make the waffles place a tea towel in a bowl and add potato. Squeeze tight to remove all liquid.
- Next add all remaining ingredients and mix well. Preheat a waffle maker, lightly spray with non-stick oil.
- Place 2 tablespoons of mix in each side and close the lid.
Cook until golden brown.
- For the Kale, heat up a pan and add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil. Add kale and sauté for about a minute until it begins to wilt. Remove from pan and seat aside. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and a little squeeze of lemon.
- For the eggs, place butter into cold non-stick pan along with eggs. Turn heat to a medium heat, Push the eggs slowly from side to side with a wooden spoon or plastic spatula, lifting and folding. It’s important to cook the eggs slow., this will take 1-2 minutes. Finally add crème fraiche, chives, pinch of salt and pepper pile eggs in a clump and set aside.
- To plate, place 2 waffles in the centre of the plate, followed salmon, kale and eggs and finally salmon caviar. Who would not love waking up to this for breakfast?! Enjoy.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/potato-waffles-with-huon-smoked-salmon-silky-eggs-and-salmon-caviar/