Guaranteed to be a fast favorite, this recipe plays on the sweet-savory match made in flavor heaven: pork + apples.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 12 ounces Brussels sprouts, halved
• 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
• 5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
• Cooking spray
• 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
• 12 ounces sliced Honeycrisp apple (1 large apple)
• 1/3 cup unsalted chicken stock
• 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 3 tablespoons maple syrup
• 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat broiler to high. Set the oven rack on the middle shelf.
- Combine sprouts, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a bowl; toss to coat. Arrange sprouts in a single layer on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 12 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat. Sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; add to pan. Cook 3 minutes. Turn; cook 2 minutes or until done. Transfer pork to a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter and apple to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add stock and nutmeg; bring mixture to a boil. Stir in remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, remaining 1 tablespoon butter, syrup, Dijon mustard, and parsley; cook 1 minute. Divide chops among 4 plates; top evenly with apple mixture. Serve with sprouts.
This great family recipe is thanks to myrecipes Recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pork-chops-sauteed-apples-brussels-sprouts