• Prep time: 1 hour
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 12 Clearwater Sea Scallops
• ½ cup Porcini, ground fine in coffee mill
• Salt & pepper
• ½ cup Olive oil
• 24 large picked green celery leaves; fried crisp in corn oil (325°), drained, seasoned with salt and pepper
• ½ cup Truffle vinaigrette
• Celery root purée
• ½ cup Chicken stock
• 2 tbsp Sherry vinegar
• 2 tbsp Minced shallot
• 2 tbsp Very fine truffle peelings
• ¼ cup Extra-virgin cold pressed olive oil
• ¼ cup Black truffle oil
• 1 tbsp Fine minced parsley
• Salt & pepper to taste
Celery Root Puree
• 4 cups Milk
• 2 tbsp Sea salt
• 5 cups Peeled diced celery root (large dice)
• 2 ½ cups Peeled diced Yukon gold potatoes
• ½ cup Sweet butter
• salt & white pepper to taste
- Heat nonstick 10-inch pan, add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Dust both sides of sea scallops with Porcini powder and season with salt and pepper.
- Sear in hot pans for two minutes per side. Remove and drain on towels.
- Place small free form quenelle of puree in center of
plate, set scallop on top.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat bring the
chicken stock, sherry vinegar, minced shallot, and truffle peelings to a simmer. Set aside.
- Whisk in the olive oil, black truffle oil, and parsley while mixture is still warm.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Celery Root Puree
- Cook potatoes and celery root together in milk and
salted water (just enough to cover) until tender, about
20-25 minutes at a low simmer.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Puree in food processor, adding butter in small
amounts till smooth.
- Season to taste.
- Hold covered in a water bath to keep warm.
• Spoon vinaigrette over and around plate.
• Garnish with two crisp celery leaves.
This great family recipe is thanks to Clearwater Recipes at https://www.clearwater.ca/en/clearwater-kitchen-industry/recipes/scallop-recipes/sea-scallop-recipes/porcini-seared-scallops-celery-root-and-warm-truff/