• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4-6
• 1½ lbs Patagonian Scallops, cooked
• 4 oz cream cheese
• 4 oz pepperjack cheese, shredded
• ¾ cup dried pineapple rings*, chopped finely
• ¾ cup green onion, chopped
• ¼ cup cilantro, chopped finely (optional)
• 2 tbsp lime juice
• ¾ cup almonds, chopped
• Tabasco, salt and pepper to taste
• 10 to 12 10” flour tortillas
- Combine and mix well all ingredients, except scallops.
- Add scallops and mix gently.
- Coat ½ of 10” tortilla with an even ½ inch layer of scallop
- Fold tortilla in half and gently press two sides together.
Repeat process with second tortilla.
- Spray sauté pan with vegetable spray and place both
tortillas in pan, OR very lightly brush each side of folded tortilla with mayonnaise.
- Cook on both sides until browned. Remove from pan
and cut each tortilla into 4-6 equal pieces.
- Plating: Arrange on plate and serve with your favorite fresh salsa.
* Dried fruit options: Golden raisins, Dates, Apricots, Mangoes, Cherries, Papaya or Cranberries.
This great family recipe is thanks to Clearwater Recipes at https://www.clearwater.ca/en/clearwater-kitchen-industry/recipes/scallop-recipes/argentine-scallop-recipes/patagonian-scallop-quesadilla/