Simmer juicy pork sausages in apple cider for a quick boost of flavour.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 small red cabbage, cut into 4 thick slices
• 1/2 butternut pumpkin, cut into 1cm-thick slices
• 2 small red delicious apples, thinly sliced crossways
• 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
• 8 thick pork sausages
• 1 cup apple cider
• 1 bunch broccolini, halved lengthways
• Small fresh thyme sprigs, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 220C/200C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with sides with baking paper.
- Place cabbage, pumpkin, apple and garlic on prepared tray. Combine 1 tablespoon oil and fennel seeds in a small bowl. Season. Drizzle fennel mixture over vegetables. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook sausages, turning for 5 minutes or until browned all over. Add cider. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 4 minutes or until reduced slightly.
- Top vegetables with broccolini and sausage mixture. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sausages are cooked through. Serve sprinkled with thyme.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/easy-pork-fennel-sausage-tray-bake-apple-cider-cabbage/XswWdZy0?r=recipes/sausagerecipes&c=9b68d69e-2711-445b-8087-66061c71a108/Sausage%20recipes