This healthy and hearty salad is a gourmet taste sensation.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 1 tbsp honey
• 3 tsps Dijon mustard
• 2 tbsps sweet paprika
• 145g (1 cup) hazelnuts
• 80g baby rocket leaves
• 60ml raspberry or red wine vinegar
• 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh chives
• 80ml (1/3 cup) hazelnut or macadamia nut oil
• 3 corella pears, cored, thinly sliced lengthways
• 3 witlof, bases trimmed, leaves separated, coarsely torn
• 6 (about 220g each) duck breast fillets, excess fat trimmed
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spread the hazelnuts over a baking tray. Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until toasted. Place in a clean tea towel and rub to remove skins. Coarsely chop.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, honey and mustard in a screw-top jar and shake until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the duck on a plate. Sprinkle evenly with paprika and turn to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the duck, skin-side down, and cook for 2 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a baking tray. Roast for 6-8 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Cut into thick slices.
- Place the pear, witlof and rocket in a large bowl. Drizzle over half the dressing and gently toss until just combined.
- Divide the salad among serving plates. Sprinkle with the hazelnuts. Top with duck and drizzle over remaining dressing. Sprinkle with chives to serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/paprika-duck-breasts-witlof-pear-hazelnut-salad/e461ec52-318f-4069-b210-d3a6987af742