Caramelized Champagne grapes make the ideal jammy sauce.
• Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2/3 tbsps fresh lemon juice
• 1 1/2 tbsps minced shallots
• 5 tbsps unsalted butter, divided
• 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
• 1 1/2 tbsps chopped fresh Italian parsley
• 16 large sea scallops, side muscles removed
- Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in very large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook butter until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add scallops; cook 2 minutes per side. Transfer scallops to plate; tent with foil. Melt remaining butter in same skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots and grapes; sauté until shallots are golden, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and any accumulated scallop juices. Bring mixture to boil; season with salt and pepper. Stir in almonds and parsley.
- Place 4 scallops on each of 4 plates. Spoon sauce over and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to bon appetit at https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/pan-seared-scallops-with-champagne-grapes-and-almonds