Spice up a favourite breakfast with a little Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce, the perfect antidote for the morning after a big night of celebrations.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 5 - 7 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 4 eggs
• 2 tbsps milk
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 100g cherry tomatoes
• 1 tbsp finely snipped chives
• 100g smoked salmon, sliced
• 1/2 lemon, sliced into wedges
• 1/2 tbsp Tabasco plus extra to serve (Optional)
• 4 slices wholemeal bread, toasted and buttered
• 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, plus extra to serve (Optional)
- Beat together the eggs, milk, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce and some seasoning in a jug. Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan over a low heat and pour in the egg mix. Cook, stirring, until it is done around the edges and slightly runny in the middle. Then tip in the tomatoes and warm through for 1 min until the eggs have finished cooking.
- Top the toast with the scrambled eggs and chives, and place the smoked salmon on the side with a wedge of lemon to squeeze over. Drizzle over extra Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce, if you like it with an extra kick.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Good Food at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/bloody-mary-scrambled-eggs-smoked-salmon