Pan-Roasted Fillet of Duck Breast Recipe
This recipe for pan-roasted fillet of duck breast is fast and easy, and delicious when served with a honey-brown sugar sauce. Eastern Europeans love turkey and whole roasted birds, but this is a nice change of pace and can be found at many of the upscale restaurants in Poland.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 17 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
For the Duck:
• 2 tsps salt
• 1 tsp pepper
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 6 duck breasts
For the Sauce:
• salt, to taste
• 1/2 cup honey
• pepper, to taste
• 1/4 cup beef broth
• 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
• 2 ounces (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
For the Duck:
- Gather the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Season duck breasts with 2 teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon of pepper. In a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat, add olive oil.
- Pan-fry the duck breasts, skin-side down, for 6 minutes. Flip the duck over and place skillet in the oven.
- Roast 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare.
- Remove pan from oven and allow breasts to rest 2 to 3 minutes before slicing. Cut each breast on the bias into 1/2-inch-thick slices and fan on the serving plate.
For the Sauce: While the duck is cooking, combine honey, brown sugar, butter, and beef broth in a heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and gently simmer 5 minutes. Carefully taste and adjust seasonings, if necessary. Drizzle over plated pan-roasted duck breast.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Spruce Eats at https://www.thespruceeats.com/pan-roasted-filet-duck-breast-recipe-1136267