Simple, fresh and fast recipe! This easy pan-friend barramundi is ready in under 30 minutes, making it perfect for healthy eaters on the go.
Paired with a delicious, tangy tomato salad and crisp iceberg lettuce, this recipe is sure to become a household staple for lunch or dinner.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 3-4
• 1/4 cup flour
• 1/2 lime, juiced
• salt and pepper
• 1/2 lemon, juiced
• 4 tbsps canola oil
• 1/4 cup cornstarch
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 12 oz barramundi fillets
• 1/2 head iceberg lettuce
• 6 cilantro leaves, chopped
• 2 plum tomatoes, diced small
• 1 small red onion, diced small
- Toss together tomatoes, onions, garlic, lemon and limes juices, two tablespoons of oil and cilantro.
- Heat a nonstick pan on medium heat and add remaining oil.
- Season barramundi fillets with salt and pepper.
- Dredge fish in flour/cornstarch and shake off the excess.
- Add the barramundi to pan and fry on both sides for 3 to 4 minutes or until you can easily flake with a fork.
- Place lettuce on the plate, place barramundi on lettuce leaves, and top tomato mixture onto fish.
This great family recipe is thanks to The-Better-Fish at https://www.thebetterfish.com/recipe/pan-fried-barramundi-tangy-tomato-salad/