Barramundi with Braised Green Beans, Dill and Mint
Beans braised in a rich sauce of fennel, garlic, tomatoes and wine are a perfect accompaniment to pan-fried barramundi fillets.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1. tbsp olive oil
• 50ml extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 barramundi fillets (200gm each)
• 1/2 cup each mint and dill, coarsely chopped
For braised green beans:
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1 onion, thinly sliced
• 100ml dry white wine
• juice of 1 lemon, or to taste
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• 400gm canned chopped tomatoes
• 300gm green beans, trimmed and thinly sliced
• 1 baby fennel bulb, thinly sliced, fronds reserved
• 1/4 cup each (firmly packed) dill and flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 220C. For braised beans, heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat, add onion, fennel and garlic and sauté until tender (4-5 minutes). Stir in beans, then tomato and wine, season to taste and simmer until beans are tender (5-6 minutes). Add herbs and lemon juice and keep warm.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add fish, fry until well browned (2-3 minutes), then turn and brown other side. Transfer to an oven tray, season to taste and roast until just cooked through (2-3 minutes). Meanwhile, wipe out pan with paper towels, add extra-virgin olive oil and garlic and cook over medium heat until light golden (1 minute). Add herbs and lemon rind, fry until crisp (1-2 minutes), then remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Top braised green beans with fish, herb and garlic mixture and fennel fronds and serve with lemon wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to GOURMET at https://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/recipes/fast-recipes/barramundi-with-braised-green-beans-dill-and-mint-13746