• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 1 oz stock
• salt to taste
• 2 sprigs rosemary
• 4 sprigs fresh thyme
• 3 oz olive oil, split in 3
• pepper / spice to taste
• 20 baby potato, boiled
• 16 pearl onions, peeled
• 2 blood orange, segmented
• 8 garlic clove, whole peeled
• 2 barramundi portions fillets
• 1 golden beetroot medium, scrubbed and wedge cut
• 1 bunch beetroot, green tops stemmed and chopped
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season flesh side only of barramundi with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 oz of olive oil to a hot pan.
- Place skin side down fish into pan and lightly press.
- Cook for 3 minutes and turn over. Sear 2 minutes longer. Remove and reserve fish.
- While pan is still hot, add 1 oz olive oil, beets, onions, potatoes and garlic. Sear for 2 minutes.
- Add herbs, stock, salt and pepper.
- Place pan with vegetables into oven and cook until beets are tender.
- Add fish to pan and cook until skin is crisp.
- Meanwhile sauté beet greens with salt and pepper in a little olive oil until wilted.
- Plate greens in center of plate and arrange vegetables around greens. Top with barramundi.
- In pan, add in orange segments, remaining olive oil, salt and pepper. Heat through.
- Garnish plate with heated oranges and juice.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Better Fish at https://www.thebetterfish.com/recipe/oven-roasted-barramundi-with-golden-beets-and-warm-blood-oranges/