Old Bay Chicken Wings
Roasted chicken wings flavored with old bay seasoning and butter, then served with cocktail sauce.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4-6
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• cocktail sauce for dipping
• 8 tbsps (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter
• 1 tbsp old bay seasoning, plus more for dusting
• 3 pounds chicken wings, separated tips from drummettes
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Allow the wings to come to room temperature (or else the sauce will be more difficult to spread on them). Pat the chicken wings dry.
Make Old Bay sauce: Melt the butter in a small pot and whisk in the Old Bay and lemon juice. Let it cool enough to feel lukewarm.
- Mix the sauce again and toss the chicken wings in half the sauce.
Bake: Arrange the wings in one layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, aluminum foil, or Silpat and bake at 425°F for 25 minutes.
Broil: Take the wings out of the oven and turn on the broiler. Set a rack about 6 inches under the broiler. Turn the wings over on the baking sheet and put under the broiler for 3-4 minutes, or until they are nicely browned.
- To serve, toss in the remaining sauce and set on a plate. Dust with more Old Bay and serve with your favorite cocktail sauce.
This great family recipe is thanks to Simply Recipes Recipes at https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/old_bay_chicken_wings/?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly