Sheet pan dinners are a weeknight savior—they combine baking and broiling so that the dish has as many textures as it does flavor, with minimal clean-up! This Baked Barramundi with Harissa, Potatoes and Spring Onions recipe yields perfectly-browned barramundi and tender vegetables with tangy spiciness and complexity.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 50 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• lemon wedges
• 6 tbsps olive oil
• 2 tbsps harissa paste
• 4 x 6 oz skin on barramundi fillets
• kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 pound new potatoes, scrubbed, thinly sliced
• 6 spring onions, halved lengthwise, or 8 whole scallions
- Place an oven rack in the upper third of the oven. Preheat to 425 degrees F.
- Combine oil and harissa in a small bowl; adjust flavor with more harissa if needed.
- Toss onions and potatoes with half of the harissa mixture in a large baking dish, season with salt and pepper, then add 1/4 cup water. Roast, tossing once, until potatoes are fork-tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, score skin side of fillets about 1/4′ deep; season with salt and pepper. Rub remaining harissa mixture all over fish, getting into the score marks.
- Remove onions and potatoes from oven and heat broiler. Place fish skin side up on top of vegetables and broil until onions and potatoes are tender and fish is cooked through and starting to brown on top, 8-10 minutes.
- Serve fish and vegetables with lemon wedges for squeezing over.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Better Fish Recipes at https://www.thebetterfish.com/recipe/baked-barramundi-harissa-sheet-pan-dinner/