This Miso Glazed Huon Salmon is exploding with exotic flavours!
Combined with crispy salmon skin and forbidden rice, this dish will be a dinner party winner.
• Prep time: 30 minutes
• Cook time: 45 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 x 140g Huon Salmon portions, skin on
• 3 tsp Minced garlic
• 2 tsp Freshly grated ginger
• 5 tbsp Honey
• 1 tsp Miso paste
• 4 tbsp Soy sauce
To make the Skin Shards:
- Pre-heat oven to 140°C.
- Very carefully remove the skin from each fillet.
- Scrape as much of the fatty flesh from the back of the skin as possible without damaging the skin.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and lay the skin pieces out, skin side up.
- Cover with another sheet of baking paper and then place a baking tray on too.
- Cook for 30 minutes and then check.
- Keep cooking and checking every 10 minutes until skin is dry and crispy.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Miso Glazed Salmon:
- Combine garlic, ginger, honey, miso paste and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Place salmon fillets into a large zip lock bag and then pour marinade over.
- Marinate for a minimum of 1 hour, but preferably overnight, giving you time to make your skin shards.
- Recipe by the talented Huon Valley local Naomi Sherman from Bluerust Images.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C
- Line a baking tray with baking paper
- Heat a small amount of oil in a pan and sear each salmon fillet to form a blackened crust.
- Place fillets onto baking tray, seared side up and bake for about 15 minutes, basting once or twice in between.
- Serve with forbidden (black) rice, cooked as per package directions.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/miso-glazed-huon-salmon-forbidden-rice-skin-shards/