Looking for a delicious natural lamb recipe? Try out this simple, yet tasty recipe for Mediterranean Lamb Burger from the experts at Australian Lamb!
• Prep time: 1 hour
• Cook time: 8 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 pound lean Australian ground lamb
• 4 green onions, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoons ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 2 tablespoons semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
• olive oil for brushing
• 4 multigrain rolls, halved horizontally
• 3 ounces baby rocket leaves
• ⅓ cup hummus
• 2 tablespoons semi-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
• 1 tablespoon flat parsley leaves
- Place the ground lamb in a bowl and add the chopped green onion, cumin, oregano and chopped semi-dried tomatoes. Form into 4 patties and refrigerate 1 hour. Heat a barbecue or char grill pan. Brush the patties with oil and cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking.
- While the burgers are cooking, lightly barbecue the rolls. Then top the bottom half of each roll with ¼ of the rocket leaves and a cooked burger. Spoon a tablespoon of hummus on top of the burger and scatter with ¼ of the thinly sliced semi-dried tomatoes and ¼ of the parsley leaves. Finish with the top half of the roll.
This great family recipe is thanks to True Aussie Beef and Lamb at https://www.trueaussiebeefandlamb.com/recipes-usa/consumer-recipes/lamb/mediterranean-lamb-burger/