As concepted by Chef Olivier Desaintmarten at True Aussie's Chef Immersion in Philadelphia. Recipe has not been tested in our kitchens.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 1 hour
• Yield: Serves 24
For the Marinade:
• 2 tbsps lime zest
• to taste kosher salt
• 2 ounces wild honey
• 1 tbsp ground cumin
• 10 cloves minced garlic
• 4 ounces (1/2 cup) olive oil
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
• 4 ounces (1/2 cup) soy sauce
• 1 tbsp coarsely ground black pepper
• 2 ounces (1/4 cup) apple cider vinegar
• 3 ounces (1/3 cup) Jack Daniel's® Whiskey
For the Flat Iron and Vegetables:
• Lime wedges
• 2-1/4 lb. (2 qt.) thick cut red onion wedges
• 2-1/2 lb. red, yellow and orange mini bell peppers
• 9 lb. Australian Beef Flat Iron Steaks (about 16 ounces each)
• 6 lb. trimmed organic multi-color baby carrots with tops, halved vertically
- Whisk all marinade ingredients in large bowl until combined.
- Place steaks in single layer in two separate hotel pans. Pour ¾ cup marinade over beef in each pan. Cover and hold in cooler 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Add vegetables to remaining marinade in bowl; toss well to coat.
- Grill steaks on medium-high grill 10-12 min. or until medium-rare (145 degrees F), turning occasionally. Arrange vegetables on rack; grill until onions are tender and peppers and carrots are slightly charred.
- Rest steaks 5-10 min. before slicing and serving with vegetables and fresh lime wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to True-Aussie-Beef-And-Lamb Recipes at https://www.trueaussiebeefandlamb.com/recipes-usa/foodservice-recipes/beef/marinated-jack-daniels-flat-iron-and-roasted-vegetables/#