Add a nutty crust to this fabulous fillet of fish to make it even more sensational.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 3 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tsps water
• aioli to serve
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• salad leaves, to serve
• lemon wedges, to serve
• 4 x 180g barramundi fillets
• 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
• 2 1/2 cups roasted macadamia
- Process nuts and breadcrumbs in a food processor to fine crumbs. Remove to a shallow dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly beat eggs and water together in a shallow dish. Dip both sides of fish fillets into egg mixture. Coat with breadcrumb mixture, pressing on with your fingertips. Transfer to a plate. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook fish for 3 to minutes each side or until golden.
- Serve fish with lemon, aioli and salad.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/macadamia-crusted-barramundi/ae56755a-78f9-42dd-9494-1c9d18f6adc5