Jazz up pork with lemon and rosemary for a feel-good supper that's on the table in under half an hour
• Prep time: 8 minutes
• Cook time: 12 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tsp finely chopped rosemary
• 4 cloves garlic, crushed
• juice and zest ½ lemon
• 4 boneless pork steaks, trimmed of fat
• 1 red onion, finely sliced
• 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
• 2 x 400g/14oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
• 110g bag mixed salad leaves
- Mix olive oil, rosemary, garlic, lemon juice and zest in a large bowl. Add pork, turn to coat and season well. If you have time marinate in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan. Lift the pork out of the marinade, shaking off any excess and reserving the marinade for later. Cook the pork in the pan for 3-4 mins each side or until cooked through. Rest on a plate while you make the salad.
- Pour the reserved marinade into the pan with the onion. Cook for 1 min over a high heat before adding the vinegar, plus 3 tbsp water. Bubble down for 1 min, until the onion has softened a little and the dressing thickened slightly. Stir through chickpeas, some salt and pepper and any of the resting juices from the pork. Put salad leaves into a bowl, tip in the pan contents and gently toss, before eating immediately with the pork.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Goodfood Recipes at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/588638/lemon-and-rosemary-pork-with-chickpea-salad