Shish tawook, a traditional Lebanese dish, becomes juicy and tender from a simple marinade of fresh lemon juice and garlic.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 7 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 20 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts - cut in cubes
• 1 juice and zest of lemon
• 2 cloves garlic grated
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• fresh parsley to serve
- Place chicken breasts cubes in a glass bowl or large resealable plastic bag.
- Add lemon juice, zest, grated garlic, salt and pepper to the chicken toss until chicken is evenly coated with marinade. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or up to overnight.
- Heat pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Add chicken to the pan along with all of the marinade. Sauté chicken, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with fresh minced parsley on top.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Lemon Bowl at https://thelemonbowl.com/lebanese-chicken-tawook/?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly