This fresh salad proves that less is sometimes more when it comes to how many ingredients you need to create a flavoursome dish.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1/2 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
• 2 (about 500g) lamb eye of loin (backstraps)
• 2 x 275g packets baby roma truss tomatoes
• 340g marinated artichoke hearts, drained, halved
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a roasting pan with non-stick baking paper. Cut tomatoes from the truss, leaving the green tops intact. Place in the prepared pan. Drizzle over half the oil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Add artichoke to tomatoes. Roast for 5-8 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and artichoke is heated through.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the lamb. Reduce heat to medium. Cook for 3 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 3 minutes to rest. Thinly slice across the grain.
- Combine the tomatoes, artichoke, lamb and parsley in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among serving bowls.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/lamb-tomato-artichoke-salad/b34a1063-b427-4738-8790-60f106494d8f