Pop these healthy kebabs on a griddle or the BBQ - they're packed with Creole spices and are a lean treat.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 200g basmati rice
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 tsp ground allspice
• 2 tbsps jerk or Creole seasoning
• 400g pork fillet, cut into 4cm chucks
• 400g can black bean, drained and rinsed
• 1 tbsp hot chilli sauce, plus extra to serve (Optional)
• 3 limes, zest and juice 1, other 2 cut into wedges to serve
• 1/2 small pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 4cm chunks
- Mix together the pork, jerk seasoning, allspice, chilli sauce, if using, lime zest and juice, and some seasoning. Thread the pork and pineapple onto metal skewers (or pre-soaked wooden skewers) and brush with the oil.
- Cook rice following pack instructions. Drain well, then put back in the saucepan with the beans, stir and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan until very hot. Cook the skewers for 3 mins on each side until nicely charred and the pork is cooked through. Serve skewers with the beans and rice, extra chilli sauce, if you like, and lime wedges for squeezing over.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Goodfood at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/jerk-pork-pineapple-skewers-black-beans-rice