Chef Massimo Mele has had fun putting a Huon Salmon twist on his Italian heritage with this dish and we think you’ll enjoy what he’s come up with – we did!
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 140g Huon Salmon Portions
• 400g Dry Spaghetti
• 2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
• 4 Egg Yolks
• 100ml Creme Fraiche
• 100g Freshly grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
• 2 tbsp Chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 225g Shaved zucchini
• 20g Butter
• Lemon Zest
- Put your large pot of water onto the stovetop and set to boil.
- Meanwhile, season the salmon on the flesh side and then bake in an extremely hot oven for 5 minutes.
- Cook pasta in the boiling salted water according to the packet instructions.
- Heat butter in a fry pan, add zucchini and cook for 2-3 minutes until beginning to crisp. Add garlic for 30 seconds, then add salmon. Cook for about 2 minutes then set aside.
- Place eggs, yolk, cream and parmesan in a bowl. Season, then mix gently with a fork.
Drain pasta, then return to pan. Quickly add egg and salmon mixtures and parsley.
Toss to combine - the heat from the pasta will cook the egg slightly and form a creamy sauce add 2 or 3 tablespoons of the pasta water, this will help thicken the pasta.
- Serve immediately with extra parmesan and cracked black pepper on top.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/huon-spaghetti-salmonara/