We loved these charcoal buns that our friends from Hunky Dory Fish and Chips were serving on our behalf at the Australian Open, so we were inspired to make our own version to share with you all!
The black of the charcoal buns, the spicy avocado mayo served with juicy Huon Salmon, equals game set and match!
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 Huon Salmon portions
• 1 Avocado, peeled and stone removed
• 2 tbsp Ground chipotle (or to taste)
• Juice 1 lime
• 4 Charcoal or plain brioche buns
• 2 Spring onions - finely sliced
- In a food processor combine avocado, mayonnaise, chipotle and lime juice then process until creamy. Set aside.
- Heat a large fry pan, season salmon fillets and cook until golden on each side. Remove from heat, allow to rest for a few minutes then using a fork, or your fingers, shred into bite size chunks.
NOTES: Charcoal buns are available at most supermarkets, otherwise substitute with a brioche bun. If you can’t find chipotle, substitute with smoked paprika.
- To assemble slice the buns, spread the mayonnaise on the bottom half, top with salmon, spring onions, then the bun lid. Serve at once.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/huon-salmon-sliders-chipotle-avocado-mayo/