This simple Asian-style gingery seafood dish goes well with spicy sesame eggplant.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 skinless cod fillets, (6 to 8 ounces each)
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• Coarse salt and ground pepper
• 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
• 2 tablespoons finely grated, peeled fresh ginger
• 6 scallions, green parts cut into 3-inch lengths
- In a large skillet, combine 3 tablespoons rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, and 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger.
- Season both sides of 4 skinless cod fillets (6 to 8 ounces each) with coarse salt and ground pepper; place in skillet with vinegar mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Cover; cook until fish is almost opaque throughout, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut green parts of 6 scallions into 3-inch lengths; thinly slice lengthwise. Scatter over fish; cook (covered) until fish is opaque throughout and scallions are just wilted, about 2 minutes more.
This great family recipe is thanks to Martha Stewart Recipes at https://www.marthastewart.com/337271/steamed-cod-with-ginger-and-scallions