Huon Salmon Schnitzel
The famous schnitzel gets a Huon Tasmanian Salmon makeover as we takeover the dish. This dish is a quick and easy one to prepare and could also be made ahead of time and kept in the fridge to be brought out later for the BBQ. Our Huon Tasmanian Salmon portions can be cut again in half to create thinner portions that will cook perfectly or ask your fishmonger for the tail cut. Enjoy!
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 x 140g Huon Salmon portions, butterflied
• 2 Cups Panko or bread crumbs
• 1 Spring onion, finely sliced
• 1 Cauliflower
• 1 Head of garlic, roasted
• 1 Cup Cream cheese
• 1 Cup Rice Bran Oil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Brush each piece of salmon with rice bran oil, press into panko crumbs with sliced spring onions.
- Place each piece of crumbed salmon onto a baking tray and bake for 5-6 minutes or until golden.
- Finely slice cauliflower and steam until soft. Add roasted garlic and cream cheese then blend until smooth. Season to taste.
- Serve with the warm cauliflower puree, lemon wedges and your favourite salad.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/huon-salmon-schnitzels/