Comfort in a bowl! Poached Huon salmon with fat slippery noodles in a gingery broth. This actually makes for an awesome breakfast on a really cold day – what better way to warm up your insides!
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 140g portions of fresh Huon Salmon
• 1 Thumb size piece of ginger, finely grated
• 2 Packets of udon noodles (four serves)
• 1 Litre of any stock
• 1 Bunch of Bok Choi
• ¼ crispy fried shallots and fresh coriander
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add ½ of the ginger then place salmon in the saucepan, return to the boil, then remove from heat, cover with lid and set aside to poach for 10 minutes.
- Cook the noodles accord to the packet directions and divide noodles into four bowls
- In a medium saucepan, bring stock the boil, add the ginger and bok choi, simmer for two minutes. Remove bok choi and divide onto noodles, then pour about 1 cup of chicken stock over each bowl.
- Remove salmon from the poaching liquid and flake into bite size pieces and arrange over each bowl and sprinkle with crispy fried shallots.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/huon-salmon-noodle-soup/