• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tbsps clear sprigs
• 300ml vegetable stock
• 2 onions, finely chopped
• 2 tbsps wholegrain mustard
• 350g parsnip, cut into sticks
• flat-leaf parsley, to serve (Optional)
• 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan or shallow casserole with a lid. Brown the chicken until golden, then set aside. Heat the remaining oil, then cook the onions for 5 mins until softened.
- Nestle the thighs back amongst the onions and add the parnips. Mix the stock with the mustard and honey, then pour in. Scatter over the thyme, then bring to a simmer. Cover, then cook for 30 mins (or longer, see tip) until the chicken is tender, then season. Serve with steamed greens.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Goodfood at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/honey-mustard-chicken-pot-parsnips