Herb Roasted Lamb Chops
The chops don't need to marinate long to take on great herby flavor.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 large garlic cloves, pressed
• 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, lightly crushed
• 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, lightly crushed
• 2 tsps coarse kosher salt
• 2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil, divided
• 6 1 1/4-inch-thick lamb loin chops
- Mix first 4 ingredients and 1 tablespoon olive oil in large bowl. Add lamb; turn to coat. Let marinate at room temperature at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add lamb; cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to oven and roast lamb chops to desired doneness, about 10 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer lamb to platter, cover, and let rest 5 minutes.
This great family recipe is thanks to epicurious Recipes at https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/herb-roasted-lamb-chops-351253