Harissa Lamb and Lentils
This hearty harissa lamb and lentils stew is the moreish weeknight dinner you need to try! Best served with Coles cauliflower rice.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 500g Coles Australian Lamb Leg Steaks, cut into 3cm pieces
• 1 tbs Middle Eastern harissa spice mix
• 2 tbs olive oil
• 2 tsp garlic paste
• 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
• 400g can cherry tomatoes
• 2 zucchini, coarsely chopped
• 400g can lentils, rinsed, drained
• 150g green beans, trimmed
- Place the lamb in a sealable plastic bag. Add the spice mix and shake to coat. Heat the oil in a large non-stick heavy-based frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and half the spring onion. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 mins or until spring onion softens.
- Add the lamb and cook, turning often, for 2-3 mins or until lightly browned. Add the tomatoes, zucchini and 1/3 cup (80ml) water. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 mins or until the lamb and zucchini are tender. Season.
- Stir in the lentils and beans and simmer for a further 2-3 mins or until heated through. Divide among serving bowls and sprinkle with the remaining spring onion.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/harissa-lamb-lentils-recipe/6570otv5