Ancho chile powder and raspberry jam team up for a sweet 'n' spicy 15-minute dinner.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
• 4 (6-ounce) bone-in center-cut pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
• Cooking spray
• 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
• 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry preserves
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Rub spice mixture evenly over pork. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan, and keep warm.
- Add broth to pan, and cook for 30 seconds, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Increase heat to medium-high. Add preserves to pan; cook 1 minute or until slightly thick, stirring constantly with a whisk. Brush pork with glaze.
This great family recipe is thanks to myrecipes Recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pork-chops-with-ancho-chile-rub-raspberry-glaze