Serve grilled pork sausages, serve on hot dog buns, and top with Mixed-Pepper Compote—a mixture of bell peppers and onions seasoned with garlic, chili powder and Italian seasoning. This recipe makes 12 servings, so it's great for summer entertaining.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 12
• Salt and pepper
• Mixed pepper compote
• 12 top sliced hot dog buns
• 12 chicken or pork sausages
• 2 sweet onions, sliced into 1/2 inch rings
- Preheat grill to medium low. Push a metal skewer through onion rings horizontally.
- Mist onion rings with nonstick cooking spray; season with salt and pepper. Grill for 20 minutes, turning often, until tender. Remove from grill, cut each ring in half and separate. Set aside.
- Grill sausages, turning often, until a meat thermometer registers 170°F when stuck into thickest part, 20 minutes. Serve in buns with onions and pepper compote.
This great family recipe is thanks to My Recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-sausages-with-mixed-pepper-compote