This beautiful duck salad has got it all going on – crunch, spice, juicy fruit and tasty crispy duck.
• Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 1/2 lime, juice of
• 1 little gem lettuce
• 1 large duck breast
• sesame oil, to drizzle
• 1 pomegranate, halved
• a few sprigs watercress
• 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
• 3 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
• 1 sprig fresh coriander, leaves picked
• 1/2 ripe mango, peeled and cut into chunks
- This exotic duck salad has got it all going on - crunch, spice, juicy fruit and tasty crispy duck.
- Season the duck breast and dust with Chinese five spice powder. Put in a medium-hot frying pan and fry very gently for 5 minutes, turning halfway, until lots of fat has come out of the skin and the skin is golden brown. Take out of the pan and slice thinly – the duck will still be raw in the middle but don’t worry! Discard the fat from the pan and put the sliced duck back in. Stir fry for a few minutes, until cooked through and crispy. Set aside.
- Mix the pomegranate seeds, spring onions, coriander, watercress, mango and crispy duck together. Dress with the lime juice and a drizzle of sesame oil. Season to taste.
- Separate the lettuce leaves and arrange on plates. Top with the dressed salad to serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Jamie Oliver at https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/duck-recipes/five-spice-duck-salad/