• Prep time: 45 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 ½ pounds ground goatmeat
• ½ onion, finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• ½ teaspoon ground coriander
• ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
• ¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
• 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
• salt and cracked black pepper
• 4 ounces Greek feta, chopped into ¾ inch cubes
• Tzatziki, tabouli and pita bread, to serve
- Place the ground goat in a large bowl with the onion, garlic, spices, parsley, lemon rind, salt and pepper. Mix until fully combined.
- Take enough mixture to roll into a ball just larger than the size of a golf ball. Make an indent in the centre of the ball and place a cube of feta. Fold the mixture around the feta to ensure the cheese is fully enclosed. Repeat with remaining mince mixture and feta. Place on a tray and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a couple of tablespoons of oil in a large non stick frying pan. Fry the meatballs over medium heat in batches until golden and sealed then place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Transfer to the oven and cook for another 8-10 minutes.
- Serve meatballs with tzatziki, tabouli and pita bread.
This great family recipe is thanks to True-Aussie-Beef-and-Lamb Recipes at https://www.trueaussiebeefandlamb.com/recipes-usa/foodservice-recipes/goat/feta-stuffed-goat-meatballs/