Easy Sausage Skewers with Corn Slaw
This easy sausage skewers with corn slaw is a delicious weekend barbecue option when you don't know what to cook.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 2 tbsps orange juice
• 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
• 1/4 cup (75g) mayonnaise
• 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
• 3 corn cobs, husks and silk removed
• 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
• 2 cups (160g) shredded green cabbage
• 24 x Beef and Pork sausages or any kinds of sausages you like
For Sweet Chilli Glaze:
• 2 tsps ground cumin
• 1/4 cup (60ml) orange juice
• 1/4 cup (60ml) sweet chilli sauce
- Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on high. Cook corn, turning occasionally, for 8 mins or until charred. Set aside to cool slightly. Use a small serrated knife to cut down the side of the corn to release the kernels.
- Combine the corn kernels, cabbage, spring onion and parsley in a large bowl.
- Place the mayonnaise, orange juice and vinegar in a screw-top jar. Seal and shake to combine. Season. Pour over corn mixture in bowl. Toss to combine.
- To make the sweet chilli glaze, place the orange juice, sweet chilli sauce and cumin in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Cook for 3 mins or until mixture reduces slightly.
- Thread the sausages onto metal or soaked bamboo skewers. Cook on the grill, turning, for 4 mins. Brush with the sweet chilli sauce mixture. Cook, turning, for 3 mins or until lightly charred and cooked through.
- Divide the sausages among serving plates with the slaw.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/easy-sausage-skewers-corn-slaw-recipe/i39rnsl7