These easy pan-seared scallops are seared with very little oil and served over spiralized zucchini noodles, a great low carb pasta alternative. So quick, simple, and delicious!
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 8 jumbo scallops, patted dry
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
• 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
• 1/3 cup raw pine nuts
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
• 2 zucchini, spiralized
• 1 tbsp chopped parsley, for topping
- Heat a large skillet (I use a Cristel 11-inch Casteline Frying Pan) over high heat until hot enough to make drops of water dance across the surface.
- Add the olive oil and swirl to coat the pan.
- Dry off the scallops with a cloth and then lightly season each side of the scallops with sea salt and ground black pepper.
- One at a time, add the scallops to the hot pan. Take care not to overcrowd the scallops and place the scallops in the pan with at least 1-2 inches between them (so they don’t crowd and steam one another).
- Allow the scallops to cook for three minutes without touching them. After three minutes, the bottom should be browned nicely. Carefully, flip the scallops and cook for 2-3 minutes or until well-browned.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the pine nuts and minced garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Once the pine nuts are golden and the garlic is fragrant, add chicken broth and deglaze the pan, scraping off any bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the zucchini noodles to the pan and toss, cooking for just 2-3 minutes, until slightly tender and heated through.
- Quickly remove from the pan and serve, topped with the pan-seared scallops and garnished with minced parsley.
This great family recipe is thanks to A-Sweet-Pea-Chef Recipes at https://www.asweetpeachef.com/pan-seared-scallops/