The raspberry dressing complements the flavour of the duck in this sensational salad dish.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 60g (1/2 cup) walnut halves
• 1 apple, cored, thinly sliced
• 100g goat's cheese, crumbled
• 1 bunch rocket leaves, coarsely torn
• 2 baby fennel, ends trimmed, shaved
• 4 (about 200g each) duck breast fillets
For Raspberry Dressing:
• 2 tsps honey
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
• 2 tbsps red wine vinegar
• 2 tbsps frozen raspberries, softened and crushed
- To make the raspberry dressing, combine the oil, vinegar, raspberries, mustard and honey in a screw-top jar and shake until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Scatter walnuts over a baking tray. Bake for 6 minutes or until toasted. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Season duck breasts well with salt and pepper. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the duck for 4-5 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Cut duck across the grain into thin slices.
- Combine the rocket, fennel and apple in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. Divide among serving plates. Sprinkle with walnuts and goat’s cheese and top with duck. Serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/duck-breast-salad-walnut-raspberry-dressing/c09db5e9-acb6-40d6-8e4d-90267d48abb1