• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 90 g Clearwater Patagonian scallops sliced in 1 to 3 slices
• 1 lime zested and juiced
• 1 orange juiced
• 5 ml grated ginger
• 15 ml chopped cilantro
• 10 ml minced shallot
• 2 stalks green onion sliced
• 1/4 jalapeno minced seeds and ribs removed
• 10 ml honey
• 60 ml olive oil
• 12 bread rounds (toasted baguette slices)
• 1 garlic clove
• 1 tomato seeded and diced fine
• ½ mango diced
- In a bowl mix together the juice and zest of lime and
add scallop slices.
- Allow to marinate for 30 minutes; then add orange,
grated ginger, shallot, tomato, jalapeño, honey, mango
- Add scallop slices and allow to rest for 2 hours.
- Toast bread rounds and drizzle with olive oil.
- Arrange scallop slices and diced vegetable mixture
evenly on bread rounds and sprinkle with green onion.
- Plating: Present on a Tapas plate. Garnish plate with a twist of lime and a few sprigs of cilantro.
This great family recipe is thanks to Clearwater Recipes at https://www.clearwater.ca/en/clearwater-kitchen-industry/recipes/scallop-recipes/argentine-scallop-recipes/crostada-of-scallops/